Interview-Eileen Connolley

Fashion Advisor-Eileen Connolly

What made you want to be a fashion advisor?

I originally worked in a bridal store eventually going on to run the business so John Lewis offered me a job as a sale assistant then going on to offer me the fashion advisor job. I got the job because I can work with any type of customer even if it was the Queen. I think its about a personal touch working with the customers and you have to have a certain something.

What is the most common problem a customer has when choosing a garment?

I find the most common problem a customer faces is their shape , never are any two customers are the same shape. Customers have difficulty finding clothing for their size or the right fit but I find if you get the right bottoms you can find the top easily and visa versa.

How long have you worked for the fashion advisory in John Lewis for and what has been your most memorable customer?

I have worked for the advisory for 11 years and I have had some very memorable customers. My favourites are dressing ladies for the Queen’s Royal Garden Party. Also I dressed a lady last week who was presenting the Gold medal in the Olympics swimming. But my personal favourite was dressing my little niece who was presenting a bouquet of flowers to Princess Anna who was opening the new monument mall.

What has experience taught you when dealing with customers?

I think you need patience and you have to make the customer feel comfortable and not to be too pushy. You need to understand their needs and make sure they are happy and you find something for them adding your personal touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment