DRESS MAKING-Toile, experimentation.






I began by drafting a basic pattern and experimenting ona  mannequin to create a sweatheart neckline.

I created the the shape i wanted from tape.

I also added where the piping would be placed in the middle.

When my toile was sewn all together i decided to make some adjustments to the size and take inches off the front to make a better fit. I decided to make another toile to make sure my size was right before beginning on my final garment.

The back was also too small fitted.

I did some experimentation with piping deciding which would look better between small and large pipng strips.


This is the final silhouette if my dress which i think is feminine and creates a good shape.

This is an experiment of the neck detail i want to add. i found it difficult deciding how to attach the netting to the bodice without it looking too bulky.

I decided to use it as an accesorie being able to take it off being attached with velcro from the inside.
These are the seperate pattern pieces i began with having 12 seperate pieces to sew together.
Before making my garment the bodice needed to be more stiffer so i experimented with different interlining having one of the strongest making it easier to sew together when adding the piping.

No comments:

Post a Comment